My first week back home and I’ve completed my first project: to make a case for the Raspberry Pi, which my awesome brother Jeff gave me for a gift long ago.
Project took about a full day, which I split over two days. A couple big points from this:
- In the Lab!: This was the first project in the workshop, placement of tools, workspace, etc is very in flux right now. Finding a good home for everything, organizing, etc is going well.
- Fatigue!: Luckily when I started to get fatigued I called it quits on the first day before I started rushing and going quickly just to be done, which with out a doubt would have resulted in stupid errors and a bad end product.
- Photography backdrop: Unpacked the white paper, setup a stand to do the material shot. Came out well, looks good, and easy to setup and tear down. I’m quite pleased with the result!
- My first Instructable!: Been a fan of that site for a long time, excited to be a contributor now and I think this was a good starting point. Couple more ideas floating around that I’d like to work on and complete this month. Here it is:
Update: It got selected as a Featured project!!
- Facebook Page.: I created the facebook page for Spaceman Labs a long time ago. Now finally starting to hook it up and use it. Will probably try to promote it once there’s more than 1 post on it. Going to connect this site to it as well and see how that goes.